Music from all corners
Well minus some old rock…
Before you go all trigger happy on the play button, there is some swearing in this track. Yup, that’s how hardcore this dance track is. So before you start your party around youngin’s or work colleagues (who are soft against profanity) know that I’ve warned you.
I can’t really speculate why producer Mitch Mash called this track Gatsby but it gets your head poppin. Straight up gangster with the aid of Timbaland, Dj Fresh, A Trak and maybe even…Tupac? Do I hear a little Tupac in there?
Anyways, it starts off playful then the steady beat turns into a flood of dance. Sure, the Spice Girls are the hook for the climax but didn’t we all listen to a little bit of Spice Girls in the mid 90’s? They work here and before you realize which Spice Girl you wanted to be (or be with) you have the heavy rap bringing you back to earth.
Press play and you’ll know exactly what I am talking about.
Base beat is from: Mako – Beam
Lyrics all originate from the following:
- Azealia Banks – 212Spice Girls- Wannabe
- Fatman Scoop ft. Timbaland – Drop (modeled in the style of White Noise Mashups’ “Breath In, Breathe Out”)
- DJ Fresh – Gold Dust (K Theory & Pillijah Remix)
- A-Trak, Kimbra, Matt Foster – Warrior (What So Not Remix)
- Lady Gaga- Poker Face
- Hall and Oates – I Can’t Go for That (No Can Do)
- *clips from the 2000 film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby” (I guess that’s why it’s called Gatsby)
- Ke$ha – Sleazy
Mitch-Mash allows for Gatsby downloads, so you better get on it with the link in the SoundCloud widget. You should also check out Mitch-Mash’s other jams on his SoundCloud.
What do you think? Too hard? Too soft? Just right. Shout your comments below!